Digital Experiment Two

After showing my first digital experiment to my peers, I went back onto Adobe Premier Pro and altered my digital narrative piece.
As you can see, I changed the beginning and got rid of my name, and I made the text appear longer on the screen too.

Looking back at the small alterations I made, I felt that this video didn’t quite tell the narrative I wanted it to portray. I got the basics of what school I was at at what age and the thing I remembered when I was so young. This narrative is very straight forward and very informative and I wanted it to be personal and slightly more interesting.
I went back to the drawing board and after discussion with my tutors, I decided the next best move was to scrap the text/captions and change everything to audio – in particular a recording of me explaining everything in detail.
By doing this, I feel that my video will be more personal and when my audience will listen to my video, they will hopefully have discovered some sort of connection with my school years to how they was at school – even if it sparks a memory or from personal adventures.

 

Digital Experiment One.

After drawing my storyboard, I then set myself a task on creating my short video using Adobe Premier Pro.
This software was completely alien ┬áto me – as a photographer I don’t really use film or video software that much (but it has been good to experiment with for this project and I’ve learnt something new!).
Inputting the photographs into this software was really quick and easy to do. To help my narrative run smoothly I decided text would be a good option to use to help my viewers understand my story. Sticking with the “school theme” – I decided to place the pictures and text against a black background – I can remember at school my teachers used the traditional chalk board when I was young, and luckily there was a font in A.P.Pro that mimicked chalk-board writing!

I showed this video to my peers in a summative review session – bearing in mind this was my first draft of a video and my first time making a short film I knew I had a lot to improve on, but here is some of the comments that were made:
The text ties the body of work together. It’s maybe a bit open ended, something in the end of that could create an end to the slideshow. Maybe the typeface could be changed for things like the school name, and your voice can stay as a chalkboard… Consider how you want the image & text to be looked at, structure of being next to, in front of image example. The type could be a bit smaller.
When showing this video to my peers, I also noticed that I did not give enough time for my audience to read the text being displayed, and throughout my 10 minute slot I had to pause the video to give them a chance to read everything.
For my next video, I must improve my timings and get a “fresh pair of eyes” to look at my video and make sure it is suitable for all people. Also, I feel that the “Lucy Yates” at the beginning of the film is unnecessary – the title of the piece is the only thing that needs to be seen here and my audience will understand that it is to do with me because of the nature of the project.
However, I quite like the font used already and I would like to stick to the same format I have used for this.